Statement of Faith
Bible: We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
God: We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
Jesus: We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:34-35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His physical bodily resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return to earth in power and glory. (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16)
Spirit: We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit including the orderly demonstration of His gifts and by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
Salvation: We believe in the regeneration by the Holy Spirit during salvation because of the sinfulness of human nature, and that all are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace, through faith alone, are we saved. (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5) We believe in God’s sovereignty and man’s free will.
Resurrection: We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are not unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
Church: We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13) We believe in the present gifts of the Holy Spirit operating in an proper and orderly manner. (1 Cor. 12-14)
Christ’s Return: We await the imminent rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ which will be physical, personal, visible, and premillennial. This motivates us to holy living, heart-felt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, evangelism, and regular fellowship.
(1) The belief that true Christians can be demon possessed;
(2) any theology which denies that human freewill can be exercised in the receiving of Christ’s free gift of salvation; specifically, we reject the belief that Jesus’ atonement was limited in its extent, instead, we believe that He died for all unrighteous people and we reject the assertion that God’s wooing grace cannot be resisted or that He has elected some people to go to hell; instead we believe that anyone who wills to come to Christ may do so freely as a result of the Holy Spirit’s conviction and wooing persuasion of the heart;
(3) “positive confession,” (e.g., the Faith Movement, that views faith as a force that can create one’s own reality or that God can be commanded to heal or work miracles according to man’s will and faith);
(4) human prophecy that supersedes, or is contrary to, the Scripture;
(5) any introduction of psychology and philosophy which is contrary to Scripture and is in substance “according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ” into biblical teaching;
(6) “Open Theism” or “Freewill Theism” which reduces God’s timeless, unchanging, dynamic nature, and exhaustive foreknowledge of future free decisions, to creaturely modes of being and operation;
(7) the “Emergent Church” movement insofar as it departs from the historic orthodox Christian doctrines in favor of postmodernism;
(8) the overemphasis of spiritual gifts, experiential signs and wonders to the exclusion of biblical teaching.
CCF Bible College is a ministry of Cross Christian Fellowship Albuquerque, NM